PAN Card Service
PAN Card Applications at Post Offices
Department of Posts have started to receive Pan Application Form through the Counter of Head Post Offices and Mukhya Dak Ghar. PAN Application Form is available at the counter of Post Offices. It can also be downloaded. Filled in application is to be submitted at the counter of Post offices for getting new Pan Card. It is a joint initiative of the Department of Posts in association with UTIITSL. The Applicant should submit the following documents as Identity proof, Address Proof & Date of Birth Proof.
Procedural Information on PAN application
Identity Proof :
1) Ration card having photograph of the applicant or
2) Arm’s License or AADHAR Card issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India or
3) Photo Identity Card issued by the Central Government or a State Government or a Public Sector Undertaking or
4) Pensioner Card having photograph of the applicant or
5) Central Government Health Scheme Card or Ex Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme photo card or
6) Driving License or Passport or
7) Elector’s photo Identity card or
8) Certificate of Identity in Original signed by Member of Parliament or Member of Parliament or Member of Legislative Assembly or Municipal Councillor or a Gazetted Officer as the case may be or
9) Bank Certificate in original on letter head the branch ( along with name & stamp of the issuing officer) containing duly attested photograph and bank account number of the applicant.
Address Proof :
1) Electricity Bill or land line Bill or
2) Broadband connection bill or
3) Water bill or
4) Consumer Gas connection card or book or piped gas bill or
5) Bank account statement or depository account statement or credit card statement or
6) Passport or Elector’s photo identity card or
7) Driving license or
8) Passport of the spouse or
9) Post Office pass book having address of the applicant or
10) Latest property tax assessment order or
11) Domicile certificate issued by the Government or
12) AADHAR Card issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India or
13) Allotment letter of accommodation issued by the Central Government or State Government of not more than three years old or
14) Property Registration document or
15) Certificate of Identity in original signed by Member of Parliament or Member of Legislative Assembly or Municipal Councillor or a Gazetted Officer as the case may be or
16) Employer Certificate in original.
Date of Birth Proof :
1) Birth Certificate issued by the Municipal Authority or any office authorized to issue Birth & Death Certificate by the Register of Birth & Death or the Indian Consulate as defined in clause (d) of sub section (1) of section 2 of the Citizenship Act,1955 (57 f 1955) or
2) Pension Payment Order or Marriage Certificate issued by the Register of Marriages or
3) Matriculation certificate or Domicile Certificate issued by the Government of Affidavit sworn before a magistrate starting the date of birth or Driving License or Passport.
Candidates who has no such proof of identity they will fill up the application entity should submit a certificate.Candidates who are applying for the first time, they will fill up form no.49A & those who have already one PAN Card in hand they will fill up the form for changes or correction in PAN Data.
List of Post Office/Mukhya Dak Ghar where the service is available
Alipore HO, Alipurduar MDG, Arambagh HO, Baidyabati MDG, Ballygunj MDG, Balurghat HO, Bankura HO, Barabazar HO, Barasat HO, Barrackpore HO, Baruipur HO, Basirhst HO, Beadon Street MDG, Beleghata HO, Belgharia HO, Belurmath MDG, Berhampore HO, Bishnupur MDG, Bongaon MDG, Burdwan HO, Burnpur MDG, Chinsurah HO, Contai HO, Cooch Behar HO, Cossipore HO, Darjeeling HO, Diamond Harbour HO, Dum Dum MDG, Durgapur HO, Durgapur-13 MDG, Durgapur-5 MDG, Egra MDG, Gangtok HO, Garbeta MDG, Ghatal MDG, Howrah HO, Jalpaiguri HO, Jhargram HO, Kalimpong MDG, Kalna MDG, Kalyani HO, Kandi HO, Katwa HO, Kol GPO, Krishnanagar HO, Kurseong MDG, Mal HO, Malda HO, Midnapore HO, Mogra MDG, Nabadwip HO, Park Street HO, Purulia HO, Raghunathganj HO, Raiganj MDG, Rampurhat HO, Ranaghat HO, Raniganj HO, Salkia HO, Serampore HO, Sheoraphuli MDG, Siliguri HO, Sonamukhi MDG, Suri HO, Tamluk HO, Tarakeswar MDG, Tollygunge HO